Exploring my Grandparents

It all started in 2012 when a cousin I didn't even know I had reached out to me on facebook. His name is Arti. He is my father's sister's Grandson and he shared with me some information about my Dad's side of the family that I would never have known otherwise.

Arti took the time to do the complete genealogy of the Jossy family. He said that it was ironic that my business name was Duchess of Downtown since we are directly related to royalty. Then he shared a link with me to Geni.com so I could see the family tree.

I was fascinated and I created an account there. That website has a really cool feature where you can type in someone's name and if they have their genealogy done too then you can see how you are related. One advantage to famous people is usually someone has already done the work for you and you can find your blood or in-law relationship to them pretty easily. I don't bother with the in-law relations. I'm more interested in the blood relations and soon you'll understand why.

I was able to see that I'm actually related to a lot of really remarkable people. I can trace my genetic line all the way back to Noah himself. I'm a descendant of his son Shem. See path between me and Noah below (more commentary follows the list).

 Angela Jossy,You
→ Carl Jossy, your father 

→ Inez Isadora Imus, his mother
→ Jiles Herbert Imus, her father
→ Hiram M. Imus, his father
→ Charles Lemuel Imus, his father
→ Lucy Imus, his mother
→ Joseph Buck, her father
→ Mary Buck, his mother
→ Mary Andrews, her mother
→ Lydia Wetmore, her mother
→ Isabel Hewett, her mother
→ Rev. Valentine Overton, Archdeacon of Derby her father
→ Rev. William Overton, his father
→ Olive Overton, his mother
→ Robert Browne, Esq. her father
→ Sir John Browne, Lord Mayor of London his father
→ Eleanore Fitzalan, his mother
→ Sir Thomas FitzAlan, de Arundel, her father
→ Sir John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel, 2nd Baron Maltravers, his father
→ John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel, his father
→ Eleanor of Lancaster, Countess of Arundel and Warenne, his mother
→ Henry of Lancaster, her father
→ Blanche of Artois, his mother
→ Mathilde van Brabant, her mother
→ Maria von Hohenstaufen, her mother
→ Irini Maria Angelina, her mother
→ Isaac II Angelos Byzantine Emperor, her father
→ General Andronikos Doukas Angelos, his father
→ Theodora Komnene, his mother
→ Irene Augusta Doukaina, her mother
→ Maria of Bulgaria, Protovestiaria, her mother
 → Trayan / Troianus of Bulgaria, her father
→ Ivan Vladislav, Tsar of Bulgaria, his father
→ Aron Komitopulos, his father
→ Ripsime Kometopouloi, his mother
→ Ashot II "the Iron", her father
→ Smbat I "the Martyr" King of Armenia, his father
→ Ashot I "the Great", King of Armenia, his father
→ Prince Smbat VIII "the Confessor" of Armenia, his father
→ Prince Ashot IV "Msaker" of Armenia, his father
→ Prince Smbat VII of Armenia, his father
→ Prince Ashot III "the Blind" of Armenia, his father
→ Prince Vasak of Armenia, his father
→ Arshakuni, his mother
→ Manuel Arshakuni, her father
→ N.N., son of Johannes Moustakon Arscruni, his father
→ Placidia, his mother
→ Flavius Anastasius, her father
→ Anastasius, Roman Consul, his father
→ Flavius Probus, Consul of Byzantium, his father
→ Flavia Magna, his mother
→ Maria, her mother
→ Petronius Maximus, Roman Emperor, her father
→ Anicius Probinus, his father
→ Sextus Claudius Petronius Probus, his father
→ Petronius Probinus, his father
→ Anicia Demetrias, his mother
→ Amnius Anicius Julianus, her father
→ Sextus Anicius Faustus Paulinianus, his father
→ Asinia Juliana Nicomacha, his mother
→ Gaius Asinius Nicomachus Julianus, her father
→ Gaius Asinius Quadratus Protimus, his father
→ Julia Quadratilla, his mother
→ Aulus Julius Claudius Charax, her father
→ Julia Quadratilla Bassa, his mother
→ Julia Iotapa, her mother
→ Gaius Julius Alexander ., King of Cetis, her father
→ Tigranes VI, King of Armenia, his father
→ Gaius Julius Alexander, Herodian Prince of Judaea, his father
→ Alexander, III, Prince of Judaea, his father
→ Queen Mariamne (Hasmonean), I, King Herod 2nd wife, his mother
→ Alexander II Hasmonean, High Priest, her father
→ Aristobulus II Hasmonean, King and High Priest, his father
→ Salome Alexandra, Queen of Judaea, his mother
→ Rabbi Setah Bar Yossei, her father
→ Rabbi Yossei ben Yohanan, his father
→ Rabbi Yohanan ben Joazar, his father
→ Rabbi Joazar ben Zeredah, his father
→ Zeredah ben Antigone, his father
→ Antigone Soko ben Simeon, his father
→ Simeon I Saddiq ben Elias, his father
→ Elias ben Tobit, Governor of Judea 365-360 BCE, his father
→ Tobit ben Hananiah (twin), his father
→ Hananiah, his father
→ Hananya, 5th Exilarch, his father
→ Zerubbabel 3rd Exilarch, his father
→ Salathial Ben Jechaniah, 2nd Exilarch, his father
 → Jechaniah, his father
→ Jehoiakim Elyakim, 17th King of Judah, his father
→ Josiah ., 15th King of Judah, his father
→ Amon, his father
→ Menasseh ., 13th King of Judah, his father
→ Hephzi-bah, his mother
→ Isaiah The Prophet, her father
→ Amoz, his father
→ Jehoash, 7th King of Judah, his father
→ King Ahaziah ., 6th King of Judah, his father
→ Jehoram, 5th King of Judah, his father
→ Jehosaphat, 4th King of Judah, his father
→ Asa ., 3rd King of Judah, his father
→ Abijah son of Rehobam, 2nd King of Judea Kingdom, his father
→ Maacha the Amonitess, his mother
→ Zephaniah, her father
→ Tahath, his father
→ Assir, his father
→ Abiasaph, his father
→ Korah, his father
→ Izhar, his father
→ Qaahat / Kohath, his father
→ Mekhaliah , his mother
→ Aram , her father
→ Shem , his father
→ Noah , his father 



If you believe the Bible, it stands to reason that all of us should be relatives of Noah by one path or another. This is just one straight line of my heritage. But some of the other ones run through all the royalty of Europe, Africa and beyond. My ancestors were Kings and Queens and religious leaders of all kinds.The whole thing is kind of shocking and I have a lot of questions about it.

There are many reasons to be skeptical.

But there is one thing that helped me to believe it. My blood type. Have you ever heard of RH-? Its the strangest thing. Only 7% of the world has it. You can have A, B, O or AB bloodtype with a negative after it. It's passed down genetically and if you have it then its difficult to produce children with someone who doesn't. The royals are known for having this blood type. They purposely in-bred to keep it going. And some people say that Jesus, John the Baptist and Mary Magdelene all had it and that is why the Knights Templar was founded - to protect the descendants of that line. Whether you think Jesus and Mary Magdelene had a child doesn't matter because the line started way before Jesus. They still needed to make sure it was carried on.

So over the last few years I've been dabbling into the research here and there and I think its really interesting to learn about the lives of my Great Grandparents and I thought it might be good to have a place to share some of my research with my family and anyone else who finds this sort of stuff interesting. So I intend to do deep dives on some of my ancestors and devote a blog to them individually, or as couples if they both have great stories. Believe me there is way more than what is on the above list.

I never really bothered to learn world history so I guess now I get a second chance, and you can ride shotgun if you're into that sort of thing. 


Noah’s Sacrifice and is by Daniel Maclise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground