Fundraisers, Nibbling at Some Hot Spots and Radical!!!

Hey all~~So what's the word on the streets? Anything new and exciting? Kicking off your Autumn with local events, eats and sights? Tell me about it!  
 
 
Marrow Kitchen
2717 6th Avenue, Tacoma
 
I decided that Marrow was the next stop to my personal drinking experiment "The Manhattan Project". And boy, oh boy was I right.
We wanted a nibble to enjoy with our cocktails and saddly the nibble list is slim pickins unless you're looking for a full on meal OR it's happy hour, which it wasn't. Our tender of bar recommended the cheese plate, so we went with that.
 
 
It was a delightful combination of cheeses with a smoked cheddar, bleu chees, pepper cheese and my favorite of the bunch a lavender soft cheese...and shame on me, I was so focused on reviewing the cocktail I didn't get the specific cheese types. But all 4 options were quality and stood alone for their type. There are also some amazing candied, spicy nuts....I could munch on those for days.
 
 
Oooh, aaaah. The Flynn, is an absolutely refreshing cocktail for bourbon lovers. And the presentation isn't just pretty it contributes a lovely aroma and flavor to the cocktail.
 
 
The Office Bar and Grill
813 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma
 
What can I say, I love to eat out and Tacoma has no shortage of delectable pit stops. The Office Bar and Grill and Pacific is prime go to for soccer games, trivia night and HAPPY HOUR. Among their list you can dine on this tasty hummus platter and their Bruschetta which was so much tastier (and larger portioned) than I anticipated. The balsamic drizzle is really what makes it for me.
 

 
 
 
 
 Lupus Foundation Of America~Northwest Chapter
Connect on Facebook

Over the weekend my family and some dear friends participated in a Walk-a-Thon to benefit the Lupus Foundation. I was overwhelmed with excitement because since my daughter had been diagnosed with Lupus 3 years ago, this is the first event I've seen take place locally.
We raised $495 towards the cause and enjoyed each others company. The weather was perfect for a September morning and Fort Steilcoom Park is full of lovely sights. I took in the lake with serene ducks afloat and the fall leaves drifting from branch to ground and felt really blessed to be enjoying this with my husband, three children and good friends.
Thank you to all that contributed.

 
Central Tacoma Free Radical Media Exchange
Alley off South 19th Between Oakes and Anderson
 
Whoever it was that took this project on, whether it be man, woman or group is an absolute genius and community gem.
This free library of sorts is packed with media of all sorts, DVDs, tapes, books, zines of all genres and good picks too!
I've been intending on checking it out with my own peepers for some time.
 


I eyed this title on the shelves with one of their inventory updates and felt that I had to have it....it specifically pertains to where I am and want to be in life and I'm always open to tips. So I scooped up a few of my own reads worthy of exchange and drove by. This baby is now in my purse! Thank you Central Tacoma Free Radical Media Exchange....you inspire me.
I need to conjure up some of this goodness in my own neighborhood.



That's all for this week's Tacoma travels. Thanks for reading.
 
XOXO,
 
Lady Jacqueline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground