Unpacking my New York/Sedona Trip

I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight home. This 6 day journey to New York and Sedona feels like it has been much longer than that. I went all the way from Grand Central Station to the Grand Canyon. I saw the Flatiron Building in New York and the Flatiron Building in Jerome Arizona. I started in Tacoma and went to Sedona by way of Manhattan! I've been so many places and seen so many things. It feels like I have been away from home for a very long time. Its true what they say about travel. It totally changes your perspective! I'm ready to go home to my little girl cave now. And as I anticipate unpacking my bags and getting back to my life, I also want to unpack the mental and emotional journey I've just experienced.

I learned some valuable things about myself on this trip. I made it in New York so I guess that means I can make it anywhere! Because of my newly discovered attitude of adventure, there were a lot of firsts these last 6 days. I went to New York for the first time.

Bus Stop in the Upper East Side near where our AirBnB apartment was.


I rode the subway for the first time. 
Angie in the subway escalator

 

I stayed in an AirBnB for the first time. I drank my first Cappaccino and I did it in Little Italy - which I was visiting for the first time.
Sonia and Angie at Little Italy in NYC.


I ate an empanada for the first time. I saw Time Square for the first time.

 
Angie in Time Square.
 


I walked on to a ferry for the first time and saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time.
View of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry.


 I rode a double decker bus for the first time. I rode in a NYC cab for the first time. I went to Brooklyn for the first time. I went to Grand Central Station for the first time.

Angie at Grand Central Station.


I went to Sedona for the first time. Boy was it ever beautiful there!

Sedona AZ

I went to the Grand Canyon for the first time.

Pano of the Grand Canyon.


I visited three spiritual vortexes for the first time. I slid down a natural water slide at Slide Rock State Park.

Slide Rock State Park, Sedona AZ.
 

Almost everything about this trip was unfamiliar territory and to be honest I had some real anxious moments but in the end I came out feeling like I can do lots of things I didn't realize I could. This time last year I was very content to live about 80% of my life within the four walls of my apartment all alone. Now I am off cigarettes and Diet Pepsi, I lost 48 pounds, my business is busier than ever and terrific opportunities are popping up every day. I feel like my life has totally shifted from cocoon to butterfly. 

During this trip I have been reading a book called the Twelfth Insight which is part of the Celestine Prophesy series. I intended to read Game of Thrones but at the last minute decided to buy this one instead. The crazy thing was that the characters in the book end up in Sedona just as I was on my way there myself. Then they arrive at the Airport Vista Vortex just after we decide to go there.
Sonia, Trish and Angie at the Airport Mesa Vortex in Sedona AZ.


When I arrived at Krysta's house where we were staying near Sedona, there was a painting of New York City in my bedroom. Can you imagine? Seriously what are the odds?
 
The next day we go to the Grand Canyon.
Angie at the Grand Canyon
On the way there I was reading the book out loud to my traveling companions and it started talking about how the Hopi Indians believe that you go to canyons for spiritual purification.

Hopi House at the Grand Canyon


We decide to go with that idea and we had a deep conversation at the rim of the canyon around what purifications we would each like to have. We agreed that we wanted less limitations and that the canyons great width and depth inspired a sense of limitlessness. We talked about what limitless would look like in our lives. For me it was the idea that I could work remotely and travel - for example doing festivals in other cities, doing workshops/seminars and/or going on a music tour. It was great to speak these dreams out loud and not feel like they were out of reach. This trip proved that it's possible for my work to take me places. 

When we were driving to a little town called Jerome the next day on our way to Phoenix, we were stunned to read that the characters in the book were headed there too!

Page 100 of The Twelfth Insight with the Jerome AZ sign in the background.

I actually got goosebumps when I read that. The place we stopped for coffee was called Flatiron Coffee House and it was in a wedge shaped building just like we saw in New York and on their fridge they had a picture of the Flatiron Building in New York. What are the odds that two places so far apart but so similar would be in my path on this trip?

Trish and Angie at the Flatiron Building in Jerome AZ.

Flatiron Building in NYC.


 It was literally one coincidence after another. Once we got to Phoenix we went to stay with our friend Linda and we had a great time catching up and seeing a little bit of the city. This morning we woke up at 5:30 am so that we would have time to go swimming and sit in the hot tub before going to the airport. It was the perfect ending. Just as we were thinking about getting out of pool it started sprinkling a little rain on us. It was a gentle reminder of home and we were ready for it. 

Now Trish's plane has taken off and I've got 2 hours to wait for my plane to board. I should be home around 6 pm tonight. I miss my pillows and my bed! Tomorrow I get back to work and I can't wait to see how speaking my truth without fear of conflict and the concept of living a limitless life will manifest in the next steps of my evolution.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground

February is "Love Local" Month in Tacoma/Pierce County!