Menu Item Monday (Sept. 3rd, 2012) Food, its everywhere

I thought I couldn't do this blog today because I didn't eat at any restaurants this week. Its kind of unusual for me since I am surrounded by great restaurants and most of my meetings take place in them but I was kind of reclusive this week. Then I remembered that I did get some butter chicken to go from India Mahal but since I ate it at home I didn't take any pictures. Here's a picture from a previous visit. 

 Look at those giant chunks of chicken! This butter chicken is the BEST! 


On Thursday I visited Hotel Murano  to make arrangements for our visit there during the next ART BUS tour. I got a sneak peek at the new gift shop and was surprised by excellent parking spot this person was given. Right smack in the middle of the lobby! Talk about your VIP parking! :) What does this have to do with Menu Item Monday? If you ride the ART BUS in September you could win an overnight stay at Hotel Murano and breakfast at their restaurant (BITE) which is just up those stairs. 

OK, now this is a stretch but I took this picture of Old City Hall while walking to my friend Janie's house for dinner. It was kind of a work thing. We were discussing my new job responsibilities as Market Coordinator for Tacoma Farmers Market. And that's food! So, you see? Not that much of a stretch after all.  

I also took this one. 

As I walked up the Spanish Stairs I saw this lovely message someone had left. 

Lady Jacqueline sent in these food photos from The Social Bar & Grill:

She said, "Social Bar and Grill always has a seasonal menu for their specials....currently this includes the V Burger (as in Veggie Burger) a nicely seasoned portebello mushroom with quinoa and black bean salsa of types and jack cheese. SO good. I'm a meat eater and dug right in! You didn't catch me saying 'where's the beef' once." 

She said, "The desert is a Plaintains with coconut ice cream and caramel drizzle...mmmmmmm. The ice cream is perfectly creamy and the dish fulfills your sweet tooth and feels decadent without being too rich. xo." 

Lady Jacqueline also has her own blog and her last two posts have been food related.

The MANHATTAN Project: Maxwell's, Keeping it Classy




and 

Thanks for reading! If you enjoy our posts, please consider subscribing by clicking on the little black panel that pops out when you hover your mouse near the upper right side of the page. And if you really want to be helpful, share this blog on your facebook wall. Thank you! 

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground

February is "Love Local" Month in Tacoma/Pierce County!