Wellness Wednesday (June 27th, 2012)

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Living Social special on eyelash extensions. I've always wanted to try it so I was excited to see this special discounted deal but it came at a time when I couldn't get my act together in time. Fortunately, I called my friend Sonia and she jumped on it. She was also kind enough to let me come with her to observe and learn.

The appointment was painless for Sonia who laid comfortably on a massage table while Stacy glued individual lashes to Sonia's eyelashes one at a time. Sonia's eyes were shut the entire time and she chatted with us in complete comfort throughout the whole thing. The procedure takes about an hour and a half but the lashes last up to 3 weeks depending on your own lash molting cycle. There are many different styles of lashes from sporty to ultra glam, short to long, curly to straight, colored and plain. I'll try to get pictures of these different looks for you at a later date. Sonia opted for something in the middle. She was very happy with the results. Keep in mind that the photos below were taken of Sonia without any makeup and in fluorescent lighting. She's a real sport for letting me post these. I really needed you to see the difference so you can understand how cool this is.



Eye Candie Shop

728 Pacific Ave. Suite 200, Tacoma, WA.
http://www.theeyecandieshop.com/

Connect on Facebook
This is my friend Sonia before she had her lash extensions done:


This is Sonia after she had her lash extensions done: 


Two days ago I went back to get my own done. I wanted to do it right away but Stacy is backlogged. She said she's seriously considering bringing in another person to help her with all the new customers she's been getting. It seems like everybody wants long luscious lashes. During my appointment it seemed like it was done in no time. Stacy recommended a little bit more curl for mine because of my eye shape. I think she was right. Afterwards she gave me what she called a micro mini brush so that I can tame my wild eyelashes should they get crumpled or tangled up while I sleep. So far I have had no need for the brush. I am very pleased with the look and I am excited about not having to wear eye makeup. I could totally throw out my mascara now. Stacy recommends not putting oil based products near your lashes because they can cause the glue to break down. I put on some eyeliner for the photo but this is the first time I've used any eye makeup since I got my new lashes on. 


I cannot feel them on my eye unless I touch the lashes. They feel stiffer to the touch than my own lashes. I was worried that I would rub them in my sleep. So far that has not been a problem. I think my eyes are happier without the eye makeup and they have been less itchy at night than before.

Stacey says everyone's lash cycle is different. I'll probably naturally drop a few lashes per week. Probably at 2-3 weeks I will notice a sparse spot or two. Before I left she booked an appointment for me for July 14th to fill in the ones I lose. Between this and my shellac nail polish (which coincidentally Stacy was wearing too in the same exact color pink!) I feel positively girly! :)


 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jewell Day Spa
2501 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98406
PH#253.572.5224

I was talking to a friend the other day about Jewell Day Spa and she started raving about the Flotation Sanctuary. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds amazing! Here's some information about it in case you want to beat me to it. I'd love to hear your comments.



Floatation Sanctuary

All of the body wraps at Jewell Day Spa include use of a soft pack floatation sanctuary. The weightless, heated environment of this table increases the body's absorption rate, relaxes the entire body, and brings a sense of calm to your mind that you can only dream about.

Just a float:

Administered without any product.

15 min $30

30 min $50

Easy Online Booking Book online
Get more information
Purchase Gift Certificates Buy a Gift Certificate


 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Clara Spa  
1506 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
Connect on Facebook
253.682.2005
http://www.ClarasSpa.com


My favorite manicure/pedicure person, Rosie at Clara Spa, is offering a buy 2 get one free manicure special. Mention Duchess of Downtown and she will take extra good care of you! :)











XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown Tacoma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground