Menu Item Monday (Aug. 20th 2012) We're back! And you can play too!

We took the week off last week, did you miss us? In her day job Lady Jacqueline is transitioning from one employer to another so she's training at one while still working at the other. Did I mention she has a husband and kids too? She's like a super woman! Not only that but we had a really exciting ART BUS tour last Thursday with Komo 4's Elisa Jaffe and TONS of great prizes so we really had our hands full getting everything ready.

Despite all that, this blog reached a landmark while we were away. We've exceeded the 50,000 mark! As of this minute, we've had 50,230 pageviews! I am so blown away by the support for this blog!

Another thing you might find interesting, is that this blog has visitors from all over the world. Countries that visited the Duchess of Downtown blog during the last 7 days include:

United States: 1,242
Australia: 16
United Arab Emirates: 13
Mexico: 11
Russia: 10
Germany: 8
Canada: 6
South Africa: 6
Switzerland: 5
Philippines: 5

I love the idea that we are introducing Tacoma to the world because for so long Tacoma has been the forgotten city, in the shadow of the space needle in nearby Seattle. I like Seattle too but it doesn't have the charm of Tacoma. I hope people reading this blog get a sense of our big little city and all the places that make it unique and wonderful.

Despite all the excitement last week I did manage to make it to a couple of restaurants. (Its a tough job but somebody's got to do it!) Check out the delicious food I discovered:

Pacific Grill
1502 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA.
http://www.PacificGrillTacoma.com
Connect on Facebook


The toasted cheese sandwich named after my friend Marguerite. 

Hawaiian BBQ Pork sliders! Yum! 


Over The Moon Cafe
709 Court C "Opera Alley" Tacoma, WA 98402
http://www.overthemooncafe.net
Connect on Facebook
Steak dinner anyone? This one was delicious according to my friend Shari and her husband. She got the salmon below and he got the steak and they split them both so they could make their own surf and turf dinner. How cute is that?  

Salmon - good and good for you. My favorite combo. 

I told you before that I loved the crab bisque soup at Over the Moon Cafe. I couldn't resist going back for more and it was just as amazing as I remembered it. I could have easily eaten 2 or 3 more bowls of this. Its by far my favorite soup of all time! 


1022 South

1022 South J Street  Tacoma, WA
(253) 627-8588
www.1022south.com
Connect on Facebook

Something new has started to happen that I didn't anticipate. People are starting to send me pictures of things they eat and drink at local restaurants! This entry came from my friend Linda.

Hilltop New Yorker - Whiskey lemon red wine and rhubarb bitters.
$5 at happy hour (every day 4 to 8 pm)  






If you find amazing food at a local independent restaurant downtown (or downtown adjacent), you can send me your pictures at angela(dot)jossy(at)gmail(dot)com. You must include the name of the dish and the restaurant. It's even more fun if you describe the taste and why you liked it.

XOXO,

Duchess of Downtown



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground