Menu Item Monday (Aug. 27th 2012) Masa, 6th Ave Market and PG's Anniversary Party

I simply adore summer in Tacoma. So many wonderful events give me lots of opportunities to see my favorite people. I felt like I spent a lot of time at home working but looking back through my photos for the week I realized I was still quite social!

Last Tuesday I visited 6th Avenue and had a lovely rooftop dinner with some of my favorite ladies. We feasted on Masa's delicious happy hour tacos. See pictures below: 

Masa Restaurant
2811 6th Ave., Tacoma, WA
http://www.masatacoma.com
Connect on Facebook

I can't remember which was which but everyone agreed they were scrumptious. And I'm sure that had nothing to do with the margaritas. :)





Tacoma Farmers Market
6th & Pine St., Tacoma, WA
http://www.tacomafarmersmarket.com
Connect on Facebook
I also snapped some shots of fresh produce at the Tacoma Farmers Market.

Fresh rasberries !

Cucumber, blueberries, cherry tomatoes and more ...

Peaches, plums, cherries - oh my! 

This happened earlier today. If I'd published this yesterday this would have made  more sense but I made this little poster for them so I wanted to include it anyway. Isn't it cute? I believe it was Drew, the director of the market who made this carrocature. 

Next month they are doing this Harvest Dinner event. You can buy tickets now for $10.00. See the website for more information:  http://www.tacomafarmersmarket.com


Pacific Grill
1502 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA.
http://www.PacificGrillTacoma.com
Connect on Facebook

Pacific Grill celebrated their 7 year anniversary Monday night and that is the main reason for the delay of this blog. I wanted to include the following pictures so I was waiting until I returned home to do it. But after such a busy day on only 4 hours sleep and wonderful food and 2 jello shots at the party, I simply didn't have it in me to put it all together before bed. It was a great night and I wish I had taken more photos. Thankfully Weekly Volcano publisher Ron Swarner offered his services and provided us with all of these pictures except one. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of all the dishes served to us. I can only tell you that they were all exquisite and if you weren't there, you should put next year's celebration on your calendar now so that you'll be sure not to miss it. It was the social event of the season!









Read the Weekly Volcano preview of this event here: 


 I interviewed a new person for the Fashion Blog on Monday and she was so charming I hired her on the spot. Be sure to stay tuned to learn more about Lady Abigail soon! 

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?