Day 1

For my first day of Christmas Shopping I visited Broadway Street bewteen 7th to 9th Streets. If you plan on following in my footsteps, you might consider stopping at the Tully's pictured here before you embark on your shopping spree. A little caffeine will keep your mood percolating and your vision sharp for spotting those bargains. You might recognize this building from the movie "I Love You To Death" starring River Phoenix and Kevin Kline. It is located across the street from Pantages Theater.

I visited with some of my favorite shop owners, asked them for permission to take photos and discovered some really great items that would be great for your Christmas list.

This area is commonly referred to as Antique Row and its true that there are some really terrific vintage stores here but there are also clothing stores, a wine shop and some quirky and fun shops to find gifts for kids and people who are kids are heart.

Today's shopping trip includes:
  • Sanford & Son
  • Abby's on Broadway
  • The What? Shop
  • Broadway's Best Antiques



Sanford & Son 
The store was closed but I happened to see the owner and he let me in to take some snap shots. I wanted to show you the Middle Merchants but it was dark downstairs and I didn't think I should venture down there without knowing how to turn on the lights. I'll try to include that in another post because that's a great place to go for holiday shopping.
This is Sage, a used clothing store inside Sanford & Son Antiques.

This is a space age chair I found at Sanford & Son's Antiques.

This is a cool gigantic lighting fixture I found back by the window.


These are Alan Gorsuch's room dividers. I think he originally made 99 of them and I'm not sure how many are still available.


Abby's On Broadway

Next I snuck into the wine shop where I found something for that wine enthusiast in your shopping list: a Vinturi Deluxe Red Wine Aerator.

And these cute wine themed holiday ornaments

 And some wine of course ...
 And also some more wine ....


What? Shop

Then I walked across the street to The What? Shop, a shop that has gift, novelties, vintage posters, costumes, cards, dolls and all sorts of souvenirs. 
 You can never have too many tiaras. These are an excellent gift idea for that girly girl on your list.

 And Steam punk gear is a red hot fashion trend. This shop has some really cool hats goggles and masks.

They also have collectible toys of all sorts and vintage posters which are very on-trend for home decor right now. (If you need to have them framed then I recommend The Framemakers on 6th Ave)


Broadway's Best Antiques

Next door to that is one of my favorite downtown stores: Broadway's Best Antiques. Here are a few treasures I found inside:

Vintage lighters

Cool chairs

Vintage clock

Working phonograph

Sail boats and Pirate ships

Red settee that I wish was mine




Actual working wall mountable pay phone

Super chic gallery couches

Lots of vintage signage

Guitars, hand drums, banjo and etc. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where we continue exploring shops downtown Tacoma in this 12 Days of Christmas Shopping series. 


XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown


    If you like this blog, please consider making a contribution here:








    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

    What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

    Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground