Day 6

The Duchess took a royal nap today instead of shopping so instead of today's scheduled tour I give you this ode to the chandelier. I'm a firm believer that every room in my house deserves one and some day they will all get one.

While I was visiting Sanford & Son Middle Floor Merchants yesterday I noticed that Sanford & Son had a lot of cool lighting fixtures and since everyone I know is gaga for these things I thought I should give you a preview of what you can find there used and probably a lot less expensive than most big box retail stores.

The great thing about this trend is you can paint these any color you like. I'm seeing a whole spectrum of colored lighting fixtures on my favorite style guide: Pinterest.









And here is some other stuff I saw there that I thought was pretty cool.

This is another item that I've seen repainted to give it new life.
I saw someone turn one of these into a place to organize her craft supplies.
For ideas on how to add bird cages into your decor, click here.
I actually saw a couple of chandeliers INSIDE birdcages on Pinterest. 
I read both of these books (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) and they were ridiculously funny.
If you like stories of boyhood mischief, you'll love this series. 

It says "Your weight indicates your health. Are you gaining or losing?"
which, to me, seems to imply that if I'm gaining weight, I'm gaining health, yes? Hurrah! 
Then it says "Drop Coin" which could lead to losing weight, yes? Those coins can be quite heavy.

His and hers.

I love this lamp. It was taller than me and I'm 5'5!


And then these guys showed up.
I named them Taylor Swift and Kanye West.
YOU'RE WELCOME.

XOXO,

Duchess of Downtown

PS. Don't let the tiara fool you, the Duchess could use your support. If you're enjoying this series, please consider making a small (or large) contribution below.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground