Day 3

Day 3 we proceed down Broadway starting at 9th Street heading toward 11th. Be sure to look at Day 1 when we visited Sanford & Son, Abby's on Broadway, What? Shop and Broadway's Best Antiques and Day 2 when we explored London Couture, Shepard House Antiques, A New Thyme / Chelsia Berry Designs and Nanette's.

You should also check out the welcome page and the explanation of this 12 Days of Christmas Shopping series so you have some context of what this is all about. You should know that no-one is paying me to do this. I just love downtown Tacoma and I'd like for others to see it the way I do. Downtown doesn't have commercials like the malls or department stores do so its up to us to spread the word. I know many of the store owners downtown and I think they are all amazing people and real life heroes. I'd love to see more of you shopping downtown for that reason and for the reasons explained here.

OK. Let's get to the shopping. Today was a fun day and I saw lots of cool things you could buy for your loved ones. There were a lot more presents for children than I expected to find and I found some of them in a surprising place but I'll get to that later.


Today we're going to visit:
  • Pantages Theater
  • Quick Stop
  • Children's Museum of Tacoma
  • Leroy Jeweler and Art Stop
Pantages Theater 

Who wouldn't love to receive tickets to see a show at Pantages for Christmas? Broadway Center for the Performing Arts always does a great job of bringing terrific shows to Tacoma. Here are some examples of upcoming shows.

http://www.broadwaycenter.org

http://www.broadwaycenter.org

http://www.broadwaycenter.org

http://www.broadwaycenter.org
Any good shopping trip needs a little snack to keep you moving. I popped into this cute little deli / convenience store and found a lot more than I bargained for.

Quick Stop

Not only does Quick Stop have great deals on food, they also had a book and jewelry sale going on and a whole bunch of children's items. I loved looking at all the puzzles. There's something so satisfying about sitting down with someone you love and putting together a puzzle. I find that these days when everything is so digital I truly relish creating things that are tangible. I especially liked the Seattle and Portland puzzles but what puzzled me was, where was the Tacoma puzzle?
















Children's Museum  of Tacoma

The gift of a great experience is always a good choice. Not very many children have the freedom to run around and play outside in their own yards and neighborhoods like we did when we were little but an afternoon at the Children's Museum is the next best thing. There are lots of fun activities and interesting play areas for them to explore inside.


This is their last week at this Broadway location. They are getting ready to move to their new location on Pacific Avenue across the street from Pacific Grill. They open at the new location Jan. 14th.

Various toys for sale in the lobby.

Various toys for sale in the lobby.

Noise making toys are a great gift idea if you'd like to annoy the parent's.
And of course the kids will love you for it. :) 


I bet you didn't expect to see this!


Great gift idea for families with small children.

One of several play areas.


One of several play areas.

One of several play areas

Today they had a project going on where kids could make gift bags to wrap presents in.

These were the supplies to make the gift bags.

How cute is this little robot man!


LeRoy Jewelers and Art Stop 

I feel like such a dork! I knew that there was a LeRoy Jewelers and I knew that there was an Art Stop but I didn't realize they were in the same space. I walked into the jewelry store and once the glaze I get whenever I'm near diamonds wore off I walked toward the back and I felt like a discovered a hidden oasis full of amazing and fun art too. You MUST go in there. They have such great stuff!

According to my sources, LeRoy Jewelers has been here in Tacoma since 1941. The owners are very active in the community. They are members of the Downtown Merchants Group, First Night and Tacoma Artwalk. They are a full service jewelry store specializing in custom design and manufacturing of fine jewelry. They will also clean your jewels for you.


This necklace titled "Waterfall" made of tourmilinated quartz, Burmese moonstone, diamond and platinum was winner of the 2012 Spectrum Award: Platinum Honors. $15,250.00. 18 inch platinum snake chain $1455.00. Read more about this prestigious award in the News Tribune article here.
These beautiful crosses could make an excellent gift for someone religious and Christian.

I found Chanukah gifts here as well.
Did you see that scene in the pilot of that new show Suburgatory where she says she's not sure if she's a cat clock type of person? Now that I've seen these I am 100% sure I am. Though the doggy ones are equally as adorable.
LeRoy Jewelers also does cleaning, repair and custom work.
Here you see one of the owners, Steph Farber, working in his onsite workshop.
They have lots of beautiful glass sculptures.



Glass candles

Adorable fish heads

I love this steam punk clock.

This old city hall clock is awesome!
Seriously, I took way too many photos in this store. You'll have to catch the rest of them on the flickr page.

OK kiddies, that's enough for today. Check back tomorrow as the adventure continues!

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown

PS. If you enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation. Thanks!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground