Home Decor Tuesday (April 10th 2012)

I'm kinda in shopping withdrawal right now because I did not get my adequate shopping time in this week. I'm going to remedy that ASAP but for today's home decor blog I only had time to go to one place so of course I chose the best one: Broadway's Best Antiques. I love this store because it has so many odd things that you would never find anywhere else. For example:


Taxidermy deer head. Check the expression on his face.

A vintage tiger in a cage, and a tiffany lamp.

What exactly is this? I don't know but its cool looking and I want it. I'm pretty sure I could do serious damage to an intruder with it so there's always that. 

Is it a banjo? Is its a wall clock? Do people under the age of 30 still know how to read roman numeral clocks?
(I would paint this teal and wall mount it)

A lamp that's both masculine and tassled. You just don't find these things!

A mirror - always good to have around (unless you're a sparkly vampire)

Set of large soap dispensers

Really big bird cage
Broadway's Best Antiques
742 Broadway St, Tacoma WA
PH#253.617.3509

I'm feeling alittle dizzy now so I think I'll go lie down and watch some TV. Shopping withdrawal is a silent killer. Don't let it happen to you!!

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown Tacoma

Comments

  1. Fantastic and interesting home decor. That third thing is a weather vane with the space for the name of the home, or owners name, to be inserted on a plaque on the left. Indeed you are right it would make a very good weapon.
    I love going into these interesting antique home decor and furniture stores, but most of those things would look silly in my house. I use to live next to a person who had an older Victorian style home, she had mostly antique furnishings throughout and it looked great. Somebody bought the home years later, gutted it (it had small rooms) and furnished with modern furniture, it looked great too but I admit after seeing how the first woman had it, something was lost in the change.
    Again great home decor blog, enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground