Menu Item Monday (July 16th, 2012) Din Din with Lynn, Lynn, Lynn

Sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in a day for all the things I want to do. I'm preparing for the Royalty themed ART BUS on Thursday and I had it in my head that I wanted to have our own brand of playing cards for the card game so I spent most of the weekend working on them. I'm still not even sure they will be done on time! But now you know why the delay on the Menu Item Monday blog. I did find time for a couple of public appearances which I will go into also.

 The Social
1715 Dock St., Tacoma, Wa
http://thesocialbarandgrill.com/
Connect on Facebook

I just can't get over how amazing the view is from The Social. Now that the sun is out I have a new appreciation for this place. The food is good, the place is classy and people I like tend to appear there.


Sangria

Kim Archer and Chris Hyde play there every Wednesday. No cover!

The Office 
813 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA


Next in my series of Duchess of Downtown Dinner Parties is the Din Din with Lynn, Lynn, Lynn dinner. If you've been following along you know that last week I had dinner with a group of women named Kathy. This is the kind of tomfoolery facebook makes so easy. I have over 3000 friends on Facebook and many of them are connected to me through mutual friends but I've never met them so I thought it would be fun to pick a name and invite several people to dinner. But this time even though I invited both known and unknown Lynn's, the Lynn's that came were all people I knew before. The ones I didn't know didn't make it unfortunately but of course it was still nice to catch up with old friends. My guests were Lynn Mackey (graphic designer and wife of musician/actor Doug Mackey), Lynn Di Nino (extraordinary artist and community builder) and Allen Lynn (musician from the blues band Fingertips).
   

My dinner started with a green salad. It was nice and crisp. Perfect.

For dinner I had the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. It was very filling and enough for two meals. I took half of it home and had it for dinner the next night.

Lynn Mackey ordered the Mandarin Orange Walnut Salad. She said the greens were very fresh, the size was large and it was a good mix of flavors. She said its hard to go wrong with candied nuts. The dressing had good flavor but she likes it a little less dressed - a little dressing goes a long way for her but she said it had just the right amount of chicken.

Allen Lynn had the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with Caesar Salad. He said, "My caesar salad was good - not too much anchovie or garlic - just right. The teriyaki chicken burger was a little messy but very tasty with a sweet sauce and pineapple. Yum!"

Lynn Di Nino said, "My salad was beautifully presented. A Cobb Salad is usually all mixed up. Eggs, blue cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes: it was all fresh and rated high compared to salads in other local venues. The value is very good."

We had a great night talking about art, festivals and music. It was a bit loud for conversation in there but we managed OK but I felt tired after speaking over the music and straining to hear everyone. They did turn the volume down a bit when I asked though and I thought that was very considerate considering the fact that it was a Friday night and getting very crowded.

Next week's Duchess Dinner will be with Pat's and Patricia's at Over The Moon Cafe in Opera Alley.

I spent all day Saturday working in my girl cave so I felt like I deserved something yummy to make up for it so I ordered take out from my favorite Indian restaurant:

 India Mahal Restaurant

PH# 253-272-5700

Chicken Tikki Masala and garlic nan.

Sunday I had an appearance on NWCZ Radio's NW Convergence Zone show to talk about ART BUS. My friend Voxxy is one of the co-hosts. Here she is with another co-host, Gimmer from the band Big Wheel Stunt Show. She's holding his brand new CD which will be released this Friday in Seattle, I think he said its at The Sunset. To find out more about that connect with the band on facebook.




Here's me and Voxxy outside the studio just after my interview was done. If you want to listen to my interview with Voxxy and the gang at NW Convergence Zone on NWCZ Radio, follow this link. I'm on at approximately 44 minutes in.

http://nwconvergencezone.com/tag/angela-jossy/

After that I went to Art on the Ave with Linda Danforth. We met up with Janie Morris and decided to try the grub crawl. Even though the weather was cloudy with a few spots of drizzle there was a pretty good crowd when we arrived. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to looking at all the vendors and checking out bands because I was so hungry! We wanted to go somewhere that we could sit down and get away from all the noise so we headed to D.O.A. Turns out it was pretty crowded and loud in there too and it took a while for us to get served - which we were not upset about because clearly they had their hands full. It was worth the wait though. Check out what I got:


This braised turkey leg was the bomb! I started eating it before I even remembered to take a picture!
After that my friends wanted to go home. I stayed a bit longer and got a little more sight seeing in and then caught a ride home with my friend Sonia. I really felt like there was much more to see and hear but there just wasn't time since I arrived so late. Oh well. There's always next year! :)

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground