Wellness Wednesday (July 11th, 2012)

Jewell Day Spa
2501 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98406
PH#253.572.5224
 
The big (bad) news this week is that our friends at Jewell Day Spa had a fire which has temporarily closed them down. Everyone is talking about it, including Ocryx and Joe:

 
If you want the details about what happened you can read Sonia's blog where she gives daily updates on what is happening. 
 
Sonia and Michael Jewell are always the first one to help their friends in need so its not surprising that in this crisis our community is gathering forces to help them through this. There is an online fundraising effort happening HERE and a benefit is being discussed potentially at O'Malley's on August 11th (this is very tentative information at this point - more details will be released as plans firm up).  
 
Clara Spa  
1506 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
Connect on Facebook
253.682.2005
http://www.ClarasSpa.com

I've had such a crazy full week so I have had very little time for maintenance! I was a wreck! Then I made it over to Clara Spa to see Rosie. 

Rosie at Clara Spa makes my toes look like perfect little pink chicklet candies!
And after that she gave me a matching shellack manicure!
Thanks Rosie! I'm all set for fun in the sun!

Clara Spa is offering a few terrific specials this week! 

Come try a little indulgence and get skin ready all WEEK long with these amazing DEALS:

Courtney's Deals:
40% off spray tans, sugar buff and all waxing services!

Tyler's Massage Deals:
Margarita Lime Sensation Srub with a relaxing 1 hr hot coconut oil massage for only $110.00!

MEMBERS ONLY SPECIALS:
$50.00 Body Detox or Algae Wraps for detoxification & internal cleansing!

$120.00 Mini Vacation series includes refresher facial, 45min skinsational coconut coffee scrub & hot shea butter wrap! This week only! 


(Membership is just $25 a month and includes pool and gym privileges!)  




Eye Candie Shop
728 Pacific Ave. Suite 200, Tacoma, WA.
http://www.theeyecandieshop.com/
Connect on Facebook 

On June 25th I had eyelash extensions put on by Stacy over at Eye Candie and ever since I've been noticing other lovely lashes around town. Was I the last person to this party? I gotta say, I'm loving my lashes. I have to be careful when I'm sleeping though. If I rub my eye a certain way I can feel the glue that holds the individual strands together and my sleeping self thinks just for a second thinks that I should rub that away ... but even so I have kept my lashes and done very little damage these last couple of weeks. The lashes are just the right length, they don't bother my sunglasses and I can't feel any difference at all. The biggest benefit is that I don't need mascara. I LOVE not having to wear mascara!

I am three days away from my "fill" appointment and I'm still in pretty great shape! I've lost a couple of lashes but they are mostly still there. I probably should have used my lash brush before this photo cause they look a little crazy but I was in a rush. Just know you can rearrange them if they get rumpled up. Also, I'm wearing black liquid liner on my upper lid here. I'll take another picture after my fill so you can compare it next week.

It's a tough job blogging about this stuff but somebody's gotta do it. :)

XOXO,
Duchess of Downtown




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Steps to better living (Wed. Feb. 8th)

What's in a name? Who are the Jossy's and where did they come from?

Elon Musk isn't the only one interested in the underground